Canberra, Australia, 30 March 2017 - Mediaware, a leading provider of digital television technologies enabling rapid deployment of playout channels and regionalisation, today announced it is bringing its full-featured, live HEVC splicing demonstrator, InStream Splice is a MPEG splicer suitable for multi-channel linear ad insertion and transport stream playout. Deployed on off-the-shelf computing hardware, InStream Splice simplifies the digital broadcast delivery chain by combining a built-in video server with Mediaware’s unique, seamless splicing know-how for HEVC, AVC and MPEG-2.
Users of InStream Splice benefit from rapid deployment and lower costs from up to 40 SD or 20 HD independently-spliced channels per server. Fully integrated functions include input stream redundancy, multi-channel audio and loudness control, with broadcast commercial insertion controlled via third party automation or Mediaware’s own InStream Play.
- Suitable for linear ad insertion, content replacement, blackout and TS playout
- Frame accurate, no live transcode necessary
- Built in video server
- Inbuilt redundancy including input/output failover and recovery
- SD/HD Ultra HD HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG-2
- Support for multi-channel audio and subtitles
- Accommodates multi-channel configurations from one to hundreds of channels
- Multiple triggering options including SCTE 35 for opt-out channels
- Audio correction options with Linear Acoustic®APTO™ loudness control*
Since 2008, Mediaware has embraced and overcome the challenges associated with broadcast splicing. Our frame-accurate, no-transcode approach ensures maximum video and audio quality is always delivered to the viewer,” said Garrick Simeon, Managing Director of Mediaware.
Additionally, our ongoing improvements to InStream Splice continue to take our solution to the next level. The recent rollout of automation support and Ultra HD HEVC has been well received and our commitment to innovation has kept our product set ahead of the curve.”
For a demonstration of InStream Splice being used to reliably manage your deployment costs on a channel by channel basis, please contact us or visit Mediaware at NAB, Stand South Upper #6607.