Command-Line MPEG Video Transcoding
M2 XCode-CL is a powerful MPEG video transcoder and still image encoder.
Mediaware's powerful MPEG video processing technology powers M2 XCode-CL's compressed digital video transcoding capabilities.
Presented as a command line driven application, M2 XCode-CL enables the frame-accurate conversion of MPEG and H.264/AVC video from one profile to another with different characteristics, while preserving the highest possible image quality.
It includes the capability to encode a series of still images into an MPEG video output file.
M2 XCode-CL converts (transcodes) MPEG files from one format to another with a vast range of parameters available to precisely specify the required characteristics.
- Repacketizing a Transport stream to a Program stream
- Turning MPEG-2 video into MPEG-1 video
- Changing the bit rate, image resolution, aspect ratio, cropping or letterboxing
- Converting a sequence of still images into an MPEG video
- Reversing a video
Its command-line editing capabilities make M2 XCode-CL a powerful tool for reliably automating video transcoding and still image encoding tasks and for providing the desired output for further upstream video processing or display.
M2 XCode-CL's many functions can easily be incorporated into batch file scripting which contributes to a larger ISR video exploitation or broadcast video processing workflow:
- In Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance applications, M2 XCode-CL is being used to mitigate the latency involved in working with large MPEG-2 video files over low bandwidth networks, by automatically creating low resolution MPEG-1 video proxies of the original high resolution MPEG-2 video files.
- In Broadcast/Video on Demand applications, M2 XCode-CL is being used to scale videos to ¼ original size for picture in picture compositing.